Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Niwa's Chatbox

Niwa's Recent News

• 8/13/2014

Until interest in Niwa is revitalized (both from the member base and the administration), we're going on a massive hiatus. It's been a long time running, and great memories have been had. Until the destined day when we all return, please check out the newest project from the Niwa community: Veil's Edge, a fantasy RP! If that isn't your cup of tea, feel free to use Niwa as a playground! Veil's Edge

They said this was a city for our kind, they said it was a safe haven from the rest of the world. This was suppose to be the city where we where safe from regular humans. But, in a city where Meta-Humans run rampant, is there such thing as safety? When taking what you want is as simple as waving your hand, or closing your eyes, how can there be law? In this city, the truth is there is only one source of law, and that are the different criminal organizations that have formed all around us. The only order is that of the darkest part of humanity, of criminal organizations where the strong thrive while the weak gasp for air. This is Niwa Nights.. This is our home.

Can you survive it?

REGISTER NOW!

Username:   Password:
A Symbol of Pride; Closed
Topic Started: Mar 13 2012, 10:37 PM (1,024 Views)
Feldheimer
The badge has long been a symbol of something greater for everyone in the Otsuka clan. The family of cops started with Daichi's grandfather, made it's way down to the one young son and eventually spread over to the four young grand children. Daichi's father was the retired Deputy Chief of Tokyo Metro, one of the most politically savant positions within the force and definitely one of the safest. Each of the four grand children had looked up to their father and his stories of bravery and heroism so much that each of them swore to be in law enforcement when they got older. Each of them had made that promise, and each had carved out their own specialty within their respective departments. Tonight, however, Daichi Otsuka was not a police officer.

Daichi had no badge and no gun, both were confiscated before he was temporarily dismissed from duty earlier today. The Internal Investigations Division had decided to suspend Daichi from his usual duties because of his actions during the riot caused by the terrorist. Sporting a newly stitched scar from his left cheek all the way to the base of his nose from the fight that ensued before it, and sweating slightly as he sat alone in a booth in an otherwise crowded White Lion, Daichi seemed to stand out in a sea of otherwise more delighted people.

Daichi had felt justified in his actions, but he had a worse feeling about this now because of his past and the reason why he left Tokyo Metro. The fact that he regularly saw a therapist before this incident didn't help either, and he figured one way or another that he was going to lose his job and possibly be held accountable for the young woman's death. The only redeeming factor in this whole incident was that he saved the life of a young boy, and hopefully that would be enough to save his career.

But as he sat alone in that booth, dressed nicely and sporting a red square-end tie and staring down what would be his first drink, everything had felt uncertain...

Posted Image

Quote Top Offline Profile
Kitkat
"You're not a very easy man to find, you know."

The woman took a seat across from Daichi and laced her fingers together on the table. She wore plain civilian attire; dark jeans, converse and a v-neck tee beneath her green army-fatigue jacket. Her dark hair was pulled back in a loose braid down her back.

"Are you just going to sit here and drink yourself sorry all by your lonesome?" She tilted her head, looking at him with a sideways glance. He seemed to be a wounded little puppy, ashamed and sulking all by himself.

She smiled contemplative at him, wondering if he even knew who she was.
Member Avatar
GUMMIEEEES
Spoiler: click to toggle

The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
本条 利明
Feldheimer
"I don't have any friends to drink with."

Daichi looked the young woman over with a skeptical look, a stranger who seemed to know all about him and probably the reason why he sat alone in this pub full of people. Did he look like a bit of a sad sack? Sure, but that was mostly because he felt like one in that moment. Daichi stretched a little, his scar around his neck peeking out from the collar of his shirt as he looked over the young woman again. Who was she? And what did she want from him at this point, anyways? There was nothing he could do for her...hell, there was barely anything he could do for himself aside from sit and wait.

"And I'm surprised you even found me at all, miss...?"

Posted Image

Kitkat
"Honjo." She said simply, leaning back in her chair. The doe-eyed look he gave let her know he really hadn't a clue who she was. It was a good sign, she supposed. Laying low and not attracting unneeded attention to herself.

"Ria Honjo. We work together." Her emphasis on the tense of the verb was explicit. He wasn't going to get laid off. He was a good cop. And sometimes, shitty things happened. But throwing in the towel was no way to handle the situation. So she had to tell him.

"Sometimes, shitty things happen. It's okay to let go and break down... But you have people you can talk to." She looked at him with a sort of motherly expression, one brow raised. "I don't know what you must be going through right now, but it's not good to keep it all in."

She was the pot calling the kettle black. But she was a lot better at compartmentalizing her problems.

Member Avatar
GUMMIEEEES

The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist.
本条 利明
Feldheimer
"Well...Officer Honjo? If that's your rank, that is. I'm not too sure because I don't recall ever meeting you formally. Thanks for the invitation to talk, but I'm not as bottled up as you say. As I'm sure you might already be aware of, I am seeing a therapist for...well, just about everything."

Daichi had paused, curious enough to get to know this young woman in front of him, but not eager enough to let his drink sit there simply being nursed. Picking up the small glass that sat on the table in front of him, Daichi had gulped down the rest of the Scotch that was left in the glass. It was a very long, very smokey lingering sensation that took over for a moment, but in that moment everything had felt a little more relaxed to him. Daichi took a brief glance around for his waitress, but didn't see her, so instead he turned his attention back to the young woman.

"So, Honjo, is there a specific division you work for? Are you a ranking officer of some kind?"

Posted Image

Kitkat
"I'm just a patrol officer, officially. But my specialty is in tracking down murderers. I just have a knack for finding them."

Ria smiled warmly at him, waiting patiently as he downed his alcohol. 'Atta boy.

"We're not here to talk about me. I'm perfectly fine."

She scanned the restaurant for the waitress and waved her down. She came right over and Ria spoke up, "My friend here would like another scotch and I'll have an amaretto sour." The waitress nodded and hurried off with their order.

She looked back over to Daichi and folded her hands back on the table. "Talking to a therapist and talking to a friend is entirely different. I'm not a doctor. And I won't judge you or prescribe you medicine... And I'll even have slumber parties and eat ice cream and junk food and paint your nails if you really want." She was grinning.
Member Avatar
GUMMIEEEES

本条 利明
Feldheimer
"I wasn't here to talk about me either."

A patrol officer with a knack for tracking down murderers? That kind of sentence meant either one of two things to Daichi, either that the young woman was lucky or that she made her own luck with that kind of thing. Either way, Daichi was in no position to judge, mainly because he had begun to put himself in the same position that destroyed his life and family back home. Daichi definitely believed the young woman to be perfectly fine when she mentioned it, she spoke with enough confidence and managed to order drinks for the both of them, all while getting his order correct. She definitely seemed to know a lot more about him than he did about her, which made this "friend" angle seem all the more strange to him.

"But while you may be perfectly fine, no pun intended, I think the least we could do is talk about you a little more. Because, as I already figured out, you knew my drink order on top of everything else about me before even coming to say hello. So tell me, Officer Honjo, what gives you this knack for tracking down murderers?"

Posted Image

Kitkat
Ria laughed lightly, "Fair enough. Without revealing all of Houdini's tricks... I have a gift that helps me find murderers. I'm a meta." She wiggled her fingers at the mention of being a meta. "Think of it as a foresight, well hindsight, really. That's as much as you're going to get on that front." She figured she'd nip it in the butt right there. She was vague, but left enough information for him to be able to attempt to fill in some of the blanks. "We're not that friendly yet that you get to know all of my secrets. Not yet."

"I'm not a stalker, I promise. Just a bit of a creep. I overheard that you were suspended, after just being reinstated. And that you were nowhere to be found. That kind of sucks." She shrugged, looking down at the table. She pointed to his now empty glass. "As for the scotch? Lucky guess. My uncle drinks scotch. I'm not an alcohol guru, but it smelled pretty much like the shit he drinks."

She realized how peculiar she had seemed, and it hardly bothered her that he might have thought she was odd. She was odd. "I'm sorry for being blunt. We can start over if you'd like."
Member Avatar
GUMMIEEEES

本条 利明
Feldheimer
"It really sucks."

Ria was definitely an oddity, with this curious nature that probably made her both a valuable asset of an officer and a reckless person in the line of duty. Still, Daichi had no way to tell if she was a competent enough officer or not, not as long as he sat in a bar waiting for a drink that felt like it was taking an eternity to come. Still, with everything feeling just a little bit more calm than it had before, Daichi didn't want to send the young woman away just for being curious by nature.

"Your gift sounds interesting, though. Being able to track killers like that, you'd probably make a nifty detective. Is that what your goal is?"

Posted Image

Kitkat
Ria shrugged, strumming her fingers softly along the edge of the table. "To make this world a better place to live." It sounded as if she were reciting something, with a hint of genuineness coating it like honey. Her eyes flashed back up to his face, her mouth drawn into a line.

"I'll also say, I know that you're a good cop and you know that you're a good cop. And I'm not sure I am. I don't like to play by the rules." But she raised a finger, at that point. "That isn't to say that I break them. Just that... I don't agree with all of them. I like Batman." What was she implying there? Oh, Nathan.

"I don't want a promotion or more money, or even get credit for any of the people I've put in jail. I just want them to stop killing, whatever it takes." Her brows rose and she watched him. She wasn't a very ambitious person in terms of her career. She just wanted to be able to sleep at night, knowing that some crazed lunatic wouldn't be busting down her door in the dead of night to rip out her organs or worse.

Hell, if it weren't for her power, she wouldn't feel obligated to serve. She would have taken up... ballet or piano or... something more creative. Maybe modeling or nude drawing.

Yeah. That could work.
Member Avatar
GUMMIEEEES

本条 利明
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The White Lion · Next Topic »