Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Niwa's Essential Links

Below is a list of what are considered essential links for use on Niwa. Wanting to roleplay with someone? Check the latest active threads! Want to plan something? Go to planning! Make use of these links to keep up with all the latest happenings within the gangs and organizations or to even check out the latest news!

Niwa's Recent News

• 4/13/2014 - Enter: The Beldeg

Prepare yourselves... something strange is about to happen in Niwa...

• 3/27/2014 - Spring Cleaning

You guys may have noticed it, but we're working on revamping the locations of Niwa. Some things may be moved around, but overall this will be a massive visual upgrade! Keep RPing!

• 3/26/2014 - Niwa Pre-Season

Major changes are coming for Niwa, ladies and gentlemen--all in preparation for Season 3! Stay tuned and voice your concerns and share your ideas if you have any to make this place even better!

• 3/4/2014 - A New Event Planner!

Good luck to Akaiken, who has just recently been given the opportunity to run an event of her own for the board. Stay tuned, as she's got some fun things in store for us all.

• 2/14/2014 - The Traid War Finale

It's been a long time running (almost a year, my goodness) but the Triad War is nearing its close. For all those Triads interested in being a part of the exciting finale, please sign up! Your character's involvement could lead to some very drastic climbs in the ladder! Help put a stop to the Empress once and for all!

• 12/1/2013 - BIG MEETING TONIGHT!

It's been a long time running (almost a year, my goodness) but the Triad War is nearing its close. For all those Triads interested in being a part of the exciting finale, please sign up! Your character's involvement could lead to some very drastic climbs in the ladder! Help put a stop to the Empress once and for all!

Niwa's Site Spotlights News

Congratulations to the newest winners of the site spotlight. These two members have shown through their dedication to the board that one person (in this case two) can forcefully pull a board from decline! Congratulations to Namida and Akaiken for your immeasurable contributions to Niwa. It's people like you who make this place as wonderful as it is.

They said this was a city for our kind, they said it was a safe haven from the rest of the world. This was suppose to be the city where we where safe from regular humans. But, in a city where Meta-Humans run rampant, is there such thing as safety? When taking what you want is as simple as waving your hand, or closing your eyes, how can there be law? In this city, the truth is there is only one source of law, and that are the different criminal organizations that have formed all around us. The only order is that of the darkest part of humanity, of criminal organizations where the strong thrive while the weak gasp for air. This is Niwa Nights.. This is our home.

Can you survive it?

REGISTER NOW!

Username:   Password:
[MIA]Eyrik Banks; Cerberus. Soldier.
Topic Started: Jan 27 2012, 12:18 PM (484 Views)
PockyLove
Name: Eyrik Banks

Gang Affiliation: Cerberus- Non-affiliate

Birth Date: 3/12

Occupation: White Knight (When he sees trouble, he quickly heads to fix it. He's not a police officer, though. He doesn't waste time arresting them. He punishes them and leaves the police to pick up the scraps. You could call him a vigilante.)

Residence: Lives in a small apartment. He doesn't use it much, though. Usually, he'll be on top of a skyscraper, just watching people.

Physique: Eyrik

Eyrik's eyes are black. Pitch black. Sometimes it seems as it if he has no eyes at all, but this is just to confuse and scare people. Truthfully, his eyes are black merely because of the bags under his eyes. He didn't get enough sleep at night when he was young, and this resulted in him having insomnia, which is a sleeping disorder preventing him from sleeping at night. Thus, whenever others are asleep, he will be wide awake, doing something. Also, it’s hard to tell when Eyrik is asleep, because he sometimes sleeps with his eyes open. He could be asleep, and no one would notice, as they think he was doing something. This helps to scare people when he's observing them, because since he never moves or closes his eyes, people assume he's watching them.

He has a well-defined chest, as well as has muscles on his arms. Also, he is very tall and slim, from working out and climbing trees a lot when he was young. He is Caucasian. He looks pale, like Edward from Twilight. Eyrik's hair is mainly combed back, flowing in the wind. It goes down past his neck, but he always cuts it whenever it gets too long, so it's mainly around his neck. His hair is mainly light purple, but he sometimes dyes it black.

Personality: Eyrik is a silent and quiet individual, who has no time for nonsense. He spends most of his time alone, just watching life go by. He is sometimes seen sitting alone, observing others and how they act. People believe him to be a stalker, and as a result, they tend to stay away from him. But this doesn't bother Eyrik in the least bit, as he prefers to be alone, because it keeps him out of harm's way. He is considered by many to be an enigma, meaning he hates letting people know what he is thinking. He never talks about his interests, nor does he show any feelings toward people. He keeps his opinions, feelings, and concerns to himself.

However, one thing known about Eyrik is that he loves being in high places. Whether its the tallest tree, the tallest building, or merely on the rooftop of a house, Eyrik loves being high up in the air, because he can see all there is to see. It allows him to watch people closely, without them knowing he's watching. Another thing about Eyrik is that he loves things to be in order. He hates people causing trouble for no reason, so when he sees this, he quickly goes to correct any situation, and then quickly flees back to the his high point above all the others. To put it simply, Eyrik is a mysterious character, unknown to everyone. Perhaps, even himself.

Personal History: Eyrik was born in a quiet suburban neighborhood to his father and mother. His mother died when he was young, so he never really understood the meaning of 'motherly love' or has ever felt it. His dad was always away from home, because of his job as a cop, and so Eyrik grew up alone. He didn't play with any of the other kids, and because he was so quiet, people assumed he was a mute. All he did was climb trees on the playground, or venture away from everyone else, and just watched them closely, observing them. This disturbed his classmates and teachers, who were also quite scared of him. His insomnia didn't help either, as he would fall asleep in class and the teacher wouldn't notice until she called on him for something. His father, however, saw nothing wrong with Eyrik, and believed he was just being him.

Eyrik's father soon passed away when he was 15, and saw Eyrik was forced to live with his grandparents, who treated him well and loved him, despite being scared of him, sometimes. Eyrik failed to noticed, as his mind was on more important things. What they were, was unknown. Eyrik spent most of his days, practicing his martial arts, which he learned from his father before he passed away, or climbing trees, after he read a book about being in high places. Eyrik's life continued like this for a time. Soon, he graduated from college and decided to travel the world and landed in Niwa, Japan. Not pleased with what he saw in the city, he enlisted in the police academy and stayed there for about three years, before graduating. On his first job, he performed greatly, moving up the ranks in the system. He continued solving cases and getting involved with police work, until he, for some reason, quit. Many were shocked when he did and begged him to come back, but he refused.

Several years later, a woman was nearly robbed and killed by a thug in an alley, until a lone man appeared and beat the man to within a inch of his life. He then disappeared as quickly as he came. Incidents like this continued on for about a week, until he started appearing on the news. Though people have never seen his face, sometimes when you're on the rooftop at night, and if you look very carefully, you can see a young man jumping from building to building, searching for crime wherever it may be.

Recently, there have been rumors that he may be in ties with the vigilante group Cerberus. While these rumors have been unproven, it seems that he has all the characteristics of being a Cerberus member and has, on occasion, been seen by several citizens in their mist. What could this possibly mean for the city of Niwa?

Gifts/Skills/Abilities/Powers: Eyrik has an abnormal ability of being able to jump very high in the sky. He's able to jump about 168 meters in the air. He can jump down from a high place onto the ground, and it doesn't hurt him, since he's used to being in the air. In fact, he prefers being in the sky than on the ground, any day. When he's a high building, he'll just jump down or onto the next available one to get to where he is going.

Eyrik is also a fast runner. He's not the fastest, but he can run for a long period of time without getting tired. He can probably keep running for about 10 minutes at a steady speed, before slowing down. Also, Eyrik is a dab hand with a gun, being able to shoot from about 30 yards out.

Items/Equipment: Eyrik mainly carries around a handgun(a 9mm Glock series 17 9x19) when he needs it. Also, sometimes ravens and crows can be seen flying around him for some reason.

Additional Information: N/A

Introduction RP: A video camera comes on and shows a forest at sunset. The camera starts going up, stopping at the tallest tree. The camera zooms in and shows a person on top of the tree, just looking out in front of him. The person turns out to be Eyrik. He continues staring out in front of him, as if he's waiting for something. Eyrik then turns toward the sunset, and looks at his watch kept in his pocket. Suddenly, Eyrik leaps off of the tree, and heads for the ground. He seems to be falling, but really he is gliding in the air. He shows no fear of falling down, but continues having a passive look on his face. He soon reaches the ground, but turns and lands on his feet, and starts to walk away from the camera, as if nothing happened. He stops suddenly, and then turns to the camera with a gun pointed at it. He fires, and the bullet flies to the camera, and turns off before it hits.

Oath: I, PockyLove(a.k.a. Jason) hereby promise to respect the rules on Niwa. I promise to uphold them and I promise to respect my fellow members of Niwa, as I would want them to do the same for me. (Hope this is a good oath!)
Member Avatar
I Love Pocky!
Quote Top Offline Profile
KingCannon
I have to say, just looking at the power, he can jump way too high. It raises a number of issues as well, like how does he land without his legs shooting up through his spine? And if he can jump that high, how fast is he?
Member Avatar
About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
PockyLove
Uhh... well, I wanted him to just be able to jump onto a small skyscraper, but I didn't know the exact height of it. And he's used to landing on his feet. It doesn't hurt him much. When he's up on a building, he'll just jump to the next one, until he eventually reaches the ground. And he can run fast, but he's not like Sonic or anything. He can just run for a long period of time without getting tired, is all.
Member Avatar
I Love Pocky!
KingCannon
So we can think of him as an olympic level runner? And he's not capable of falling great hights, just jumping high? If so, please edit these details into the profile.
Member Avatar
About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
PockyLove
Edited, I think.
Member Avatar
I Love Pocky!
KingCannon
So there's one more issue. Vigilantes can't really be affiliated with the NCPD because, while they may be trying to do good they are still breaking the law.
Member Avatar
PockyLove
o.o

So, what group is affiliated with?
Member Avatar
I Love Pocky!
KingCannon
There's no Vigilante group right now. And your first character has to be affiliated with a gang. You could make him a cop, or a private detective aligned with the police.
Edited by KingCannon, Feb 1 2012, 10:19 PM.
Member Avatar
PockyLove
o.o Really?

Well, can you save Eyrik while I hurriedly make a new character for a gang? You can consider him my first character and Eyrik can be my second character.
Member Avatar
I Love Pocky!
KingCannon
Yeah that's fine, no worries.
Member Avatar
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Missing Persons · Next Topic »